Are you tired of waking up with a pounding headache? If so, we have some good news for you. With a simple oral appliance, Dr. Sara Cody offers migraine and headache solutions in Stillwater. An appliance offers you all these benefits:
- Proven method for treating headaches
- Pain relief without medication or side effects
- Reduced teeth grinding that can damage your tooth enamel
- Feeling more refreshed and ready to face the day upon awakening
Get the relief you deserve by calling Lift Dental today at 651-372-8444 to schedule a consultation. Our friendly dental office is open five days a week for your convenience.
Stop Grinding Teeth for Headache Relief
There can be many causes of headaches. However, one we see quite often in our office is teeth grinding (also known as bruxism). Many people grind their teeth in their sleep without any awareness of it. Bruxism causes tension in your neck, face, and jaw joints, and is a leading cause of headaches. In addition, it can damage your teeth.
When you come in for your evaluation, Dr. Cody will look for signs of worn teeth, which can indicate a teeth grinding habit. If bruxism is causing your headaches, we can have a custom mouthguard made for you. We’ll take impressions and send the specifications to our lab partner, who will then make the appliance.
Your appliance will:
- Fit comfortably in your mouth while you sleep, keeping your teeth apart so that you can’t grind or clench them
- Protect your tooth enamel against excess wear and tear
- Lessen the frequency and severity of headaches
For headaches not related to bruxism, Dr. Cody can safely inject Botox into specific muscles. In particular, Botox relieves pain caused by migraines.
Bruxism can wear down your teeth, requiring additional treatment to repair the damage. We may need to place dental crowns or build up your teeth with tooth bonding to correct the damage and realign your bite.
If you’re ready for lasting relief, call Lift Dental today for migraine and headache solutions in Stillwater: 651-372-8444.