You may not realize it, but a professional mouthguard from Lift Dental can help you maintain healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. You’ll find that Stillwater mouthguards from our office are superior to those bought in stores off the shelf. A Lift Dental mouthguard offers you many benefits, including:
- Prevention of teeth grinding, which can cause damage to your tooth enamel
- Elimination of jaw pain and tenderness associated with TMJ problems
- Less chance of needing restorative dentistry to correct damaged teeth
- Less downtime associated with headaches and other TMJ-related symptoms
Don’t risk your smile! If you think you could benefit from a custom mouthguard, call us today at 651-372-8444 to schedule an appointment. For your convenience, we’re open five days a week.
Stop Teeth Grinding & Dental Damage With a Professionally Made Mouthguard
To have your new mouthguard made, we’ll take impressions that avoid the goopy mess of traditional impressions. Using impressions ensures a perfect fit. Below are two instances in which you might need a custom mouthguard made by our lab partner:
- Many patients first came to see us because of TMJ pain. Your TMJs (or temporomandibular joints) are located on either side of your head and connect your jaw to your skull. If these joints become inflamed, it can become quite painful to open and close your mouth. Your mouth may even lock into place at times. A custom mouthguard will relieve tension on your TMJs so they can begin to heal. Your jaw will soon feel better.
- A large number of people grind their teeth in their sleep, usually without even knowing it. If we see signs of teeth grinding at your checkup, we’ll recommend a professional mouthguard that will keep your teeth apart while you sleep. It will prevent the grinding and clinching that can cause damage that requires restorative dentistry to repair.
Take good care of your teeth by getting a Stillwater mouthguard from Lift Dental. Call us today at 651-372-8444 to schedule an appointment.